Monolith Monsters: Answers to video questions
2. burn up to dust
6. an ocean
8. bubbles and foams
9. died, and became stiff
10. because he can't figure out what happened to Ben
14. she is turning to stone
15. a meteor
16. the ground is discolored, lifeless
19. make it flexible
23. to try it on the rocks and see if it stops them from growing
24. a state of emergency
25. a salt (sodium chloride) solution (dissolved in water)
26. blow up the dam and make a saltwater barrier
Monolith Monsters: Suggested discussion answers
1. An iron lung is a machine that makes it possible for a person to breathe, when they can no longer do it for themselves. By lowering the pressure inside the "lung" it causes the person's lungs to inflate, and by increasing the pressure inside the person's lungs deflate.
2. According to the film nothing. Since saltwater stopped the monoliths, falling into the ocean's saltwater would have neutralized their effect.
3. The monoliths in the back could not grow because they had already used up all of the available silicon.
4. Most meteors that meet the Earth's atmosphere are about the size of a grain of sand, they, in part, make up the dust that is found in the atmosphere.
5. Percent solution = (grams
of solute/grams of solution) x 100
6. Speed = distance/time
therefore time = distance/speed
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.