Beginning of the End: Answers to video questions
1. they find the wrecked car
2. the town was destroyed
3. journalist/newspaper reporter
4. 150 people
5. US Department of Agriculture research station
6. they are very large (giant)
7. accident with radiation
10. continue night and day
11. a month ago
12. it is barren, no life
13. an entomologist
15. he gets eaten
16. giant locust (grasshoppers)
18. the sound that the grasshopper made
20. hind legs
22. they are not effective/no effect
23. before they attack
25. the temperature dropped below 68°F, it got too cold and they became dormant
26. they die
27. to experiment with
28. by the reaction of the locust
29. to have the greatest range
30. speakers on the roof (sound of a specific frequency)
31. to attract all of the locust from the surrounding areas
32. they enter the lake and drown.
Beginning of the End: Suggested discussion answers
1. Diagram 1-D 2-B 3-F 4-E 5-C 6-A 7-H 8-G
2. Inability to get enough oxygen, body structure couldn't support the weight, exoskeleton needs to molt and without the support the body would collapse.
3. No. Cells would mutate in random ways.
4. No. Plant and animal genes are different so they would mutate differently.
5. a) ultrasonic insect repellent b) calling and controlling with whistles
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.