Unnatural Selection: Answers to video questions
1. distress signal
2. old age
3. rhinovirus (virus)
4. Darwin Genetic Research Station
5. Medical Emergency
7. looks too mature
8. isolation from people on the Enterprise
9. she gets the disease from the child by contact
10. resist diseases
13. genetic makeup
16. any cell
17. hair follicle
18. experiment, mistake
20. blows it up
Unnatural Selection: Suggested discussion answers
1. By the time the virus comes into your area it may have mutated into a new form that the vaccine is ineffective against.
2. Adaptation: an animal adjusting to a new food source.
Mutation: a change in the genetic structure (example cancer).
3. Creation through induced selection of viruses that are not affected by antibiotics.
To slow this effect people should use antibiotics only when necessary.
4. Answers will vary.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.