Monolith Monsters: Vocabulary
Monolith Monsters: Discussion questions
1. What do you think is the purpose of an iron lung?
2. What would have happened if the meteor had fallen into the ocean?
3. Why wouldn't the monoliths in the back of the group keep growing?
4. If over 1,000,000 tons of meteor material fall to the Earth's surface each year, why don't you find meteors all the time?
5. Many materials that are sold are expressed in percent solution. Milk is often sold as 2% milk fat. This means that there are two grams of fat for every 100 grams of milk. What is the percent solution of salt water if you dissolve 50 grams of salt in 1 liter (1000 g) of water?
6. How long would it take the monoliths to get to the town if the town was one mile (5280 feet) from the approaching edge of the monoliths, keeping in mind that monoliths take about 10 min. to grow to their full height of 100 feet before they fall down?
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.