Earthquake: Answers to video questions
1. LA, Hollywood
2. emergency inspection
4. Richter scale
8. National Guard
9. dogs barking and howling
10. he was smoking
11. relieve the pressure behind the dam
12. fire, flood, electrical wires, looting
13. stopping looters
15. Red Cross
16. building has its own generator
17. door is out of line
Earthquake: Suggested discussion answers
1. Underneath strong supported objects, like arches or cars.
2. Outside of large glass structures, buildings with poor support, answers will vary.
3. Answers will vary, but the usual length of an earthquake occurrence is less than a minute.
4. Storage of emergency materials such as food, water, blankets, machinery, medicine, and communication equipment. Answers will vary.
5. Answers will vary.
6. A-1 B-2 C-3 D-4 E-5
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.